Protect You & Our Team
It is more important than ever to take care of your oral health. Many systemic diseases are linked or actually caused by, oral infection and inflammation. These include: Heart Disease, Diabetes, Cancer, Lung Disease, and more. Allow us to help keep you as healthy as possible and you not only will improve the quality of your life, but have the best chance of fighting any bacterial or viral challenge which comes your way, including COVID 19.
Your safety has always been a top priority. We always met and exceeded all local, state and federal guidelines for infection control; however, the Coronavirus is a more challenging foe. We have implemented several technologies to protect our patients, team and doctor from aerosol infection.
Here are our Protocols:
- We avoid having any two patients in the same space at the same time by having patients wait in their car until being invited in by a team member. Also, companions are asked to wait outside unless their presence is medically necessary.
- All patients, team and doctor are screened with a no touch thermometer and for relevant medical history.
- All team members wear appropriate, PPE, personal protective equipment, as per CDC and ADA guidelines. Patients are also required to wear a mask when entering and leaving the treatment area.
- Only essential equipment and supplies are in the treatment room as everything in the treatment room during a procedure is considered contaminated. Most equipment and surfaces are covered with disposables in addition to meticulous disinfection.
- Due to our efforts to minimize infection transmission patients are asked to refrain from using mobile phones, are draped with fresh capes and dental bibs.
- We have installed a plexiglass barrier in front of our reception desk.
- Our autoclaves are spore tested weekly by an independent University based laboratory to ensure proper sterilization.
- We have closed water systems for our handpieces and syringes in which we place steam distilled water. The water lines are disinfected daily. We also have a high-quality water filtering system for all tap water that enters our office.
The best way to beat the Corona Virus at present is to wear a mask, wash your hands frequently, social distance, and see your dentist and medical professionals at prescribed intervals to stay as healthy as possible!
Stay safe and hope to see you soon!